We are looking for a cheerful and active team member, who is passionate about environmental education and protection. Working in small teams, this challenging position will be mainly responsible for coordinating and organising Green Power Hike, which is Green Power’s annual fund-raising walkathon. The Hike aims to deliver a green hiking experience for all, as well as to raise funds to support our local environmental education works.
Based on your interests, capabilities, and our organisation’s needs, you will also have chances to work on, and even help to create education, promotion and advocacy projects on various environmental issues.
- Coordinate and implement Green Power Hike, which includes duties of database management, event logistics, coordinating volunteers, etc.
- Communicate and interact with participants, volunteers, sponsors, schools and other relevant parties.
- Help to coordinate the production of promotional and education materials and update our organisation’s website.
- Assist in carrying out other environmental education activities for schools and the community, such as nature tours, school talks, eco-clean up actions, etc.
- Handle other project logistic and administrative works.
- Diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of working experience. Experience in event management, community programmes coordination, fund-raising and/or environmental protection and education will be an advantage. (Candidates with more experience will be considered as “Senior Project Coordinator”.)
- Working in small project teams, you are required to perform a broad range of simultaneous duties and able to work independently.
- You should be detailed-oriented, as well as strong self-learning ability and problem solving skills, ready for a rapid working environment in a non-profit organization.
Nice to be/have:
- Knowledge in environmental issues of Hong Kong.
- Experience in leading outdoor activities and/or organising promotional and educational activities.
- Outdoor and nature lover.
This position bases in our headquarters in Mongkok. We offer a 5-day work week. Occasionally, you are required to work on Saturday, Sunday or public holidays; compensation leave will be provided in such circumstances.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and CV with current salary, expected salary and examination results to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please mark the job reference on the email subject.)
Application would be considered until the position is filled.