About the position
We are looking for a cheerful and active team member, who is passionate about environmental conservation and education. Working in small teams, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing projects on ecological conservation, environmental education and etc.
The position will assist in our Management Agreement project in Sha Lo Tung. The project includes habitat management, scientific research, community engagement and public education. Suitable candidate may also be engaged in other conservation or research projects.
- Assist in every stage of environmental conservation, education and promotion projects, from planning, implementation, to achievement sharing.
- Implement habitat restoration and modification works on-site.
- Conduct ecological surveys, collect and analyse ecological data to inform habitat management decisions.
- Coordinate and lead activities for schools and the community, such as nature tours, school talks, etc.
- Produce educational materials and publications.
- Communicate with different stakeholders and partners, e.g. schools, government departments, professional bodies, community groups, villagers, volunteers, etc.
- Handle logistics and administrative works for different projects.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in ecology, environmental science, biological science or relevant subjects.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience (less experienced candidate will be considered as Conservation Officer).
- Species identification and ecological research skills in one or more areas (including but not limited to terrestrial, freshwater and butterfly ecology).
- Experience in conducting ecological surveys, leading outdoor activities, organising promotional and educational activities, event management and/or community programmes coordination will be an advantage.
- Ability to perform a broad range of simultaneous duties as you will be working in small project teams.
- Should be a detailed-oriented person with strong self-learning ability and problem-solving skills, ready for a rapid working environment in a non-profit organisation.
Nice to be/have:
- Outdoor and nature lover.
- Knowledge in ecology of Hong Kong and other local environmental issues.
- Basic knowledge in image creating or video editing for social media platform, GIS and relevant skills.
This position bases in our headquarter in Mongkok, but needs to work outdoor frequently. We offer a 5-day work week. Occasionally, you are required to work on Saturday, Sunday or public holidays; compensation leave will be provided in such circumstances.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and CV with current salary, expected salary and examination results to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please mark the job reference on the email subject.)
Application would be considered until the position is filled.