Before the event, participants can:
- Enroll, submit donation and sponsorship form online to save paper.
- Obtain latest event details by browsing Green Power Hike Website, and avoid printing.
- Consider whether you really need the event T-shirt.
- Bring your own bag on Material Collection Day to collect your materials.
- Bring your own bottle and bring your litter away (leave-no-trace) during your practice or pre-trip.
- Read the section of Ecology of Hong Kong Trail, appreciate the natural beauty and biodiversity along the trail.
On the event day, participants can:
- Join Green Power Hike x Eco Clean Up ACTION, to clean up the Hong Kong Trail.
- Keep the countryside clean by taking away your own litter or sort them into the rubbish bins and recycling bins placed along the trail and checkpoints.
- Bring two reusable bottles for water and Pocari Sweat to reduce usage of plastic bottles. (Bottled drinks and paper cups are not provided.)
- Reuse all bottles. If you have to discard any bottles, please put it into the recycling bins placed along the trail and checkpoints.
- Travel to the start point by means of public transport or our free shuttle bus.
- Bring your own towel instead of using tissue papers.
- Not leave cigarettes or kindling materials along the trail, or at checkpoints.